Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chili Mac!

One of my favorite things to make in the crock pot is my chili.  HOWEVER, the kids requested since I was making it, that I make chili mac instead.

I slept in a lot later than I wanted this morning and then planted my ass in the chair and didn't move until almost 3PM.  It was liberating.

Since I knew I would not have 4 hours to cook the chili in the crock, I decided to just make it on the stove top and let it simmer on there for a couple hours.  Adjusting this recipe for the crock is easy.  Just put it in the crock pot and cook it on low for 4 hours.  Done.  That's the only difference.

Anyway....



CHILI MAC!



1lb of Ground Sirloin
2 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Diced Tomato
1 Cup of Water
2 Packets of French's Chili-O Original Seasoning (or whatever chili seasoning you prefer, French's really is the best though...)
1/2 Teaspoon each of Pepper, Seasoning Salt and Garlic Salt


Cook meat and add seasoning.  I don't like onion.  
Add all the onion you want to the meat if you want.  I don't.  
If you are making this in the crock pot, 
you would then throw the hamburger into said crock pot once it is cooked through.


Add beans and tomatoes.  

Both seasoning packets.


Mix together and simmer on low for 2 hours.  
Add a cup of water to thin.  Stir regularly.  
IT WILL STICK TO THE BOTTOM OTHERWISE!


I used half a pound of cooked noodles for the "mac" part of my chili. 
It made a crapton.

Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.


Well, my weekend is over.  It's back to work tomorrow.  So, no more food posts until the weekend, most likely.  I'll be on here for random rambling I'm sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment