Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Garlic & Dill Skin On Mashed Potatoes

I made deli turkey in the crock pot tonight.  I had the deli cut me up some overpriced turkey at a 4 and threw it in the crock pot with a large jar of turkey gravy and let it simmer on low for about 3 hours.  I had planned on making stuffing and corn, but the kids wanted mashed potatoes.  I wanted something with a little more flavor than that so I decided on this...


Garlic & Dill Skin On Mashed Potatoes
6-8 Medium Sized Red Skin Potatoes, rinsed and cubed with SKIN ON
1 Cup of Sour Cream
1/2 Brick of Cream Cheese
1 Stick of Butter
1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/8 Teaspoon of Dill 
1/2 Cup of Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste

Rinse, cut and cube red skin potatoes.  Cook until soft enough to mash.  


Add seasonings, plus cream cheese, sour cream and butter.  Mash to desired thickness (?!).  


Add milk and stir together to make more smooth.  


Salt and pepper more if you'd like.


SERVE!

It was good.  Simple, easy and good.  My World Famous Chili tomorrow!  Have a great night!!


2 comments:

  1. you left out one little ingredient that I probably would have added.. otherwise, cannot wait to make these!!!


    http://www.knorr.com/product/detail/245812/chicken-stock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With or without the milk still? I like the creaminess milk adds to mashed potatoes.

      Delete